Village of Ortonville
Brandon Township Offices
395 Mill Street
April 25, 2016 Synopsis
Trustees Present: Baker, Skornicka, McClerren, Brice, Eschmann, Dylus, Wills
Meeting called to order at 7:02 p.m.
- Approved the agenda as presented.
- Approved the minutes of the March 28, 2016, meeting as presented.
- Acceptance Items:
- Treasurer’s Report – March 2016
- Recreation Report – Brandon Township Parks and Recreation
- Ortonville Planning Commission Meeting Minutes – December 1, 2015
- Brandon Fire Department Expenditures – March 2016
- Approved payment of the disbursements in the amount of $16,333.11.
- Opened the floor for public comments on agenda items.
- Heard items from trustees and subcommittees.
- Briefly discussed the number of applicants received for the Village Manager position and the deadline.
- Voted to have the Village Manager draft a letter of support for Alternative “C” of the proposed routes for the Iron Belle Trail to the Oakland County Economic Development Department.
- Voted to award the reconstruction project to remove and replace the parking lot at Brandon Fire Department Station #2 to Lacaria Construction for the amount of $179,250.00.
- Approved Creekfest 2016 to be held June 11, 2016, from 10:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. at the Grist Mill Campus, also closing Mill Street from Cedar to James Streets.
- Approved the permit request to hold the 2016 Creekfest Parade on June 11, 2016, at 9:45 a.m. through 10:15 a.m. closing South Street as needed for the parade to pass.
- Approved the parade permit submitted by VFW Post 582 to hold annual the Memorial Day Parade from 9:30 a.m. through 10.30 a.m. on May 30, 2016, and close Mill Street as needed.
- Approved the appointment of Jeremy Kratt and Harmony Crocker to the Ortonville DDA Board of Directors, effective immediately.
- Opened the floor for public comments on non-agenda items.
- Heard items from Manager.
- Regular meeting adjourned at 8:15 p.m.
Posted by Julie Hanna, Village of Ortonville Clerk. A full copy of the minutes are available at the Clerk’s office located at 476 Mill Street, PO BOX 928, Ortonville, Michigan 48462 or on the Village Website @ www.ortonvillevillage.com.
Publish in The Citizen 5-14-16