Village of Ortonville
Ortonville Village Office
476 Mill Street
Special Council Meeting
May 2, 2016 Synopsis
Trustees Present: Skornicka, McClerren, Brice, Eschmann, Dylus, Wills
Meeting called to order at 8:00 p.m.
- Approved the agenda as presented.
- Approved the minutes of the March 9, 2016, meeting as amended.
- Convened the special meeting with the purpose of updating the Village Council on progress in the hiring process for a new village manager.
- Discussed the number of applicants who applied and mentioned the criteria used to evaluate the applicants.
- Adjourned to closed executive session, at the request of an applicant and pursuant to section 8(f) of the Michigan Open Meetings Act, MCL 15.261 et seq., to confer on all received applications.
- Closed session opened at 8:15 p.m.
- The special meeting reconvened at 9:07 p.m.
- Voted to direct the Personnel Committee to contact selected candidates to assess their desire for further consideration and negotiation to discuss employee terms to be potentially offered.
- Special meeting adjourned at 9:10 p.m.
Posted by Julie Hanna, Village of Ortonville Clerk. A full copy of the minutes are available at the Clerk’s office located at 476 Mill Street, PO BOX 928, Ortonville, Michigan 48462 or on the Village Website @ www.ortonvillevillage.com.
Publish in The Citizen 5-14-16